These canapés are just as beautiful as they are delicious. Easy to prepare in advance, these soft cheese, salmon roe and cucumber amuse-bouches will make the perfect starter for a special meal. Find all the Petrossian ingredients needed in our ‘Great Indoors’ hamper, along with more inspirational recipes.
Preparation: 15 minutes
For twenty canapés
- Wash the cucumber, parsley and chives.
- Remove the parsley leaves.
- Chop the chives and parlsey stems.
- Peel the cucumber and slice into 5mm rounds.
- Soften and blend the soft cheese, crème fraîche and olive oil with a fork.
- Mix the chopped herbs and season to taste.
- On each cucumber disc, place a small quenelle of the mix.
- Add some salmon roe on top and leave to cool in the fridge until served.
You can adapt this recipe to suit all tastes. How about trout roe, pike roe, Maviar 1950 for different flavours? These fresh canapés are also delicious with these Petrossian specialities.
Photographs: Laetitia Vallée • Culinary Styling: Coralie Ferreira