For Mardi Gras, Petrossian presents its Russian crepes with smoked salmon, salmon roe, fresh cream, lemon and aromatic herbs recipe.
Preparation time: 15 minutes • Cooking time: 20 minutes • Resting time: 2 hours
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- 125g salmon roe
- 40cl of crème fraîche
- ½ bunch of dill and/or chives
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
To make the crepes (a dozen)
- 50cl whole milk
- 200g flour
- 4 eggs
- 20g melted butter
- 3 pinches of salt
To make the crepes
- Whisk the eggs with the salt.
- Add the flour and whisk again.
- Gradually add the milk while whisking.
- Finally add the melted butter and mix until it becomes smooth.
- Leave the dough to rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat.
- Spread the pastry finely in the pan.
- When the edges of the crepe come loose, turn it over.
- If you wish to prepare the crepes in advance, fill a pan with water, cover with a plate, heat over medium heat and place your crepes as you go along to keep them hot.
- Grate a zest of lemon, chop some fresh herbs and mix them together with the crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a slice of smoked salmon, a spoonful of salmon roe and a spoonful of the cream, lemon and herbs mixture on your hot crepe.
- Serve immediately.
Start your recipe by whisking the eggs with 60g of sugar, 30g of rum and a vanilla pod, then follow the same method as above. Add some honey or jam.
Photographs: Aimery Chemin • Culinary stylism: Coralie Ferreira