Flour, water and some yeast. If you have these ingredients in your cupboards, you can make your own focaccia! This simple recipe requires a bit of patience because it needs to be rested for several hours. Enhanced with burrata and pressed caviar, this focaccia even looks festive.
Preparation time: 15 minutes - Cooking time: 10 minutes - Resting time: 1h15
For the focaccia
- 500 g flour
- 300 g warm water
- 10 g salt
- 1 sachet of 5 g of dry baker's yeast
- 30 g olive oil
- 30 g water
- 10 g of Petrossian herbal Fleur de Sel (optional)
For the focaccia:
- Mix the warm water and the yeast.
- Mix the salt and flour and add to the previous mixture.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rest for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spread the dough on the baking sheet, cover with a damp cloth and let rest for another 20 minutes.
- Mix the oil, water and "fleur de sel" and spread the mixture on the dough, making holes with your fingers.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cloth and place the dough in a preheated oven at 200°C for 10 minutes.
- Let the focaccia cool.
For the rest of the recipe:
- Crush the Fleur de Caviar with a pestle.
- Cut up the focaccia, then add a spoonful of burrata and a spoonful of pressed caviar.
- Sprinkle the Fleur de Caviar on top of the focaccia.
Photographs: Aimery Chemin • Culinary stylism: Coralie Ferreira