Baking potatoes à l’anglaise (boiled potatoes) is perfect to keep the texture of potatoes intact, as they are cooked in cold water at the beginning of the cooking process. Combine them with high quality crème fraiche, chives and Petrossian wild salmon roe for a quick, simple and impressive starter!
Preparation time: 20 minutes • Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 800 g firm-fleshed potatoes
- 125 g wild salmon roe
- 50 cl (17.5 fl oz) crème fraiche
- Salt and cracked pepper
- Peel and rinse the potatoes.
- Plunge them into cold salted water.
- Bring to a low boil, on medium heat, so as not to damage the flesh of the potatoes.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, replace half the cooking water with cold water to stop the cooking process while keeping the potatoes warm.
- Mix the crème fraiche with a pinch of salt and pepper. Chop the chives.
- Drain the potatoes and place them on a plate. Add a spoonful of crème fraiche and about 30 g of wild salmon roe per person. Sprinkle with chives.
- Serve immediately.
Photographs: Aimery Chemin • Culinary stylism: Coralie Ferreira