Impress your friends and family with a colourful and festive starter thanks to our beetroot bites, creme fraiche and wild salmon roe recipe. Swap your traditional bread toast for a veggie one and bring lightness and originality to your starter.
Preparation: 10 minutes - Cooking time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
- 3 beetroots of different colours, not too large (red, yellow, white)
- 25 g creme fraiche
- 125 g wild salmon roe
- 1 nice stalk of dill
- A few micro sprouts of amaranth
- Cook the beetroots in a large volume of boiling water for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on their size, until they are perfectly soft.
- Drain them and let them cool.
- Peel and slice them into 1.5 cm thick slices, then cut small circles out of the slices with a cookie cutter.
- Spoon some creme fraiche on each beetroot circle, top with salmon roe and sprinkle with dill leaves and amaranth before serving.
Photographs: Aimery Chemin • Culinary stylism: Coralie Ferreira