This cod, asparagus and Alverta caviar recipe is fabulous and super easy to make. Thanks to steam cooking, the fish and asparagus remain tender and delicately flavoured, while the caviar adds a powerful and briny flavour to your dish.
Preparation time: 15 minutes • Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 cod fillets
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 100 g (3.5 oz) Alverta caviar
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 50cl (17 oz) crème fraiche
- Fleur de sel, cracked black pepper
For the asparagus
- Cut off the hard ends of the asparagus and peel the tough outer skin using a vegetable peeler (do not peel the tips).
- Steam for about 8 minutes until “al dente”.
- Poke the point of a knife to check whether the asparagus spears are properly cooked; it should glide into the asparagus with a slight resistance.
- Cut off lengthways or slice thinly.
- Set aside.
For the cod
- Rinse and dry the cod fillets. Sprinkle with salt.
- Steam the fish for about 5 minutes (to save time, just cook it while you cook the asparagus).
- Heat the crème fraiche. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the cod fillets on your plates and top with the asparagus slices and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with caviar on top and pour the crème fraiche around the fillets.
- Serve immediately.
Photographs: Aimery Chemin • Culinary stylism: Coralie Ferreira