This cod, asparagus and Alverta® caviar recipe is fabulous and super easy to make. Thanks to steam cooking, the fish and asparagus remain tender and delicately flavoured, while the caviar adds a powerful and briny flavour to your dish.
Preparation time: 15 minutes • Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 cod fillets
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 100 g (3.5 oz) Alverta caviar®
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 50cl (17 oz) crème fraiche
- Fleur de sel, cracked black pepper
For the asparagus
- Cut off the hard ends of the asparagus and peel the tough outer skin using a vegetable peeler (do not peel the tips).
- Steam for about 8 minutes until “al dente”.
- Poke the point of a knife to check whether the asparagus spears are properly cooked; it should glide into the asparagus with a slight resistance.
- Cut off lengthways or slice thinly.
- Set aside.
For the cod
- Rinse and dry the cod fillets. Sprinkle with salt.
- Steam the fish for about 5 minutes (to save time, just cook it while you cook the asparagus).
- Heat the crème fraiche. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the cod fillets on your plates and top with the asparagus slices and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with caviar on top and pour the crème fraiche around the fillets.
- Serve immediately.
Photographs: Aimery Chemin • Culinary stylism: Coralie Ferreira