Tomato season is here! Why not take advantage of this and make a tasty tarte Tatin with caramelised cherry tomatoes, summer truffle honey and a black truffle mustard base? Serve individually as a starter or as a main course with a rocket salad.
Preparation: 20 minutes • Cooking time: 45 minutes
For the cherry tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Coat the cherry tomatoes with the summer
- truffle honey, black truffle olive oil, fleur de sel and pepper.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes in a pie dish, making sure to squeeze them as they will shrink during cooking.
- Bake for 20 minutes, watching regularly and turning the tomatoes if necessary.
- Once the tomatoes are candied, remove them from the oven and set them aside.
For the tarte Tatin
- Brush your shortcrust pastry with black truffle mustard.
- Place the pastry on top of the cherry tomatoes (mustard side up). Next, fold over the edges and prick the top of the pastry with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Take it out carefully and sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.
Photographs: Aimery Chemin • Culinary stylism: Coralie Ferreira