Give an elegant twist to the classic cream of courgette soup recipe with these honey-roasted feta cheese cubes topped with a drizzle of truffle oil and slivers of black truffle. This recipe is perfect as a starter or appetizer.
Preparation time: 25 minutes • Cooking time: 30 minutes
For the cream of courgette soup
- Wash and slice the courgettes (keep the skin to get a nice green colour).
- Fry the courgettes with a drizzle of olive oil for 3 minutes, then cover with water and cook for about 15 minutes over a medium/high heat.
- Once the courgettes are cooked, drain (set the cooking water aside to use for thinning the soup if needed) and blend until smooth.
- Add a drizzle of crème fraiche and/or knob of butter to taste. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
For the feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the feta cheese into cubes.
- Swirl in some summer truffle honey and black truffle olive oil.
- Cook for about 10/15 minutes, keeping an eye on it, until the feta cheese is golden brown.
- Remove the feta cheese from the oven and set aside.
- Cut the black truffle into thin strips.
- Serve the cream of courgette soup on bowls and top with the honey-roasted feta cheese. Add a drizzle of black truffle olive oil and sprinkle with black truffle fleur de sel and slivers of black truffle on top.
- Serve immediately.
Photographs: Aimery Chemin • Culinary stylism: Coralie Ferreira