This delicious artichoke carpaccio recipe, seasoned with olive oil & fleur de sel and topped with a creamy Stracciatella and slivers of black truffle, makes a very easy no-cook starter.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
For the artichokes
- Turn the artichokes over: remove the tough outer leaves until you get down the tender ones, trim off the stem and the top of the leaves.
- Sprinkle the artichokes with lemon juice to prevent them from turning black.
- Slice thinly with mandolin and sprinkle again with lemon.
- Sprinkle the artichoke slices with black truffle olive oil, black truffle fleur de sel and grinds of pepper.
- Grate the fresh truffle using a truffle grater (use a knife if you choose a jarred truffle).
- Arrange the artichoke carpaccio on the plates, top with a few spoonfuls of Stracciatella, slivers of black truffle, a sprinkle of olive oil and fleur de sel.
- Serve immediately.
Photographs: Aimery Chemin • Culinary stylism: Coralie Ferreira