This perfect combination of crumbly, buttery parmesan shortbread with soft and rich Petrossian King crab tarama makes a surprising and exciting canape. Find all the Petrossian ingredients needed in our ‘Great Indoors’ hamper, along with more inspirational recipes.
Preparation: 10 minutes • Cooking time: 10 minutes • Resting time: 30 minutes
- 100g King crab tarama
- 130 g plain flour
- 100 g salted butter
- 100 g grated parmesan
- 1 egg yolk
For the parmesan shortbread
- Mix the flour, butter & parmesan with the tip of your fingers.
- Add the egg yolk, and knead gently until the dough is smooth.
- Make a ball and wrap it in cling film. Leave to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out to a 1cm thickness and cut out biscuits using a cookie cutter.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the cut out shapes of dough on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (gas mark 4) for 10 minutes or until pale golden brown.
For the presentation
- Carefully place the biscuits onto a cooling rack and set aside to cool.
- Cover each shortbread with a generous spoon of king crab tarama and sprinkle with pepper.
Add leafy sprouts to enhance the colour and volume of your creation.
Photographs : Aimery Chemin • Culinary Styling: Coralie Ferreira