Fresh, colourful and tasty, the Niçoise salad is a summer staple. It consists of seasonal vegetables, olives, soft-boiled eggs, anchovy fillets and Petrossian white tuna. For an attractive presentation, arrange the elements separately in a large dish and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Preparation: 25 minutes • Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 200g white tuna in olive oil
- 8 anchovy fillets in olive oil
- 200g small potatoes
- 1 yellow pepper
- 200g green beans
- 1 small bunch of radishes
- 1 cucumber
- 4 heirloom tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 20 black and/or green olives
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Vinegar of your choice
- Fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper
- Steam the small potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes and the green beans for about 12 minutes.
- At the same time, cook the eggs for 7 minutes.
- Cut the peppers into thin strips, the radishes into 2 or 4 pieces depending on their size, the tomatoes into thin wedges and the cucumber into thin slices.
- Once the potatoes and beans are cooked, run them under cold water to stop cooking, then drain and set aside.
- Do the same for the eggs, and remove the shells.
- Crumble the tuna and drain the anchovies.
- Make the dressing by mixing olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the potatoes, green beans, pepper, radishes, cucumber, tomatoes, eggs, tuna, anchovies and olives in a dish.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Photographs: Aimery Chemin • Culinary stylism: Coralie Ferreira